NO SEW – Fused Silk Flower Wall-hanging –
Silk flowers (fabric no plastic)
Background fabric square, 1 fat quarter
606 Spray and Fix
Scrap fabric for vase
Spray box – Cardboard box with quarter
inch screen to create raised bed Iron
Parchment paper / baking paper
Batting and backing fabric, 1 fat quarter each
Basting Spray – 505 Spray and Fix
Hot fix crystals or beads
1. Pull silk flower off the plastic stems.
2. Press flowers flat with iron.
3. Place flowers wrong side up in the spray box and coat with 606 Spray to create a snowy covering. Here is a link to blog showing how to make a spray box – http://www.sew-craft.com/blog/?p=26.
4. Cut out vase shape and press flat with iron. Place in spray box and coat with 606.
5. Place vase at bottom center on the background fabric. Arrange flowers above vase. Once you are happy with the display cover with parchment paper and iron on a high cotton setting. About 15 seconds for the silk flowers and about 35 – 40 seconds for the fabric vase.
6. Embellish centers of flowers with hot fix crystals or beads.
7. Layer backing, batting and top. Peal top back to the half way point and spray the batting lightly with 505 Spray and Fix. Roll top forward over sprayed area and lightly pat in place. If wrinkles occur lift up and reposition as needed. Repeat on opposite half of your quilt. The top is now completely stuck to the batting. Next turn quilt over and spray batting and stick the backing in place. Machine or hand quilt.
Here are other YouTube videos that show how to do fuse silk flowers with 606 Spray and Fix. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp5XsIy-6RI